Who do you follow on Twitter.com? And why? Here are some examples of who I follow on Twitter and why. I’d love to hear your recommendations, too.
If you’re one of the many people who read, commented on, or retweeted those posts, you’ll probably like following some of the Twitterati I follow, too. If you agree with my approach or these people listed below as good role models for your own tweeting, please let me know in the Comments below or by following me on Twitter.com.
Share Your Twitter Handle, too.
If you’d like to join the party, please leave YOUR twitter user name (like @scott_fox) below in the Comments, PLUS the Twitter user name of ONE friend you recommend. Please also include a sentence or two about WHY you recommend that person – we’re not auto-following here!
20 People to follow on Twitter
Here are some examples that you can follow to see good Tweeting in action:
- @scott_fox to learn more about how I see business opportunities for you online
- @guykawasaki is prolific (!) and personable, too
- @jonathanfields shows how being generous in your networking can put the “social” in social media
- @chrisbrogan shares insights all day that further establish his expertise in social media (and attract 50,000+ followers!)
- @joelcomm for an entertaining mix of business and personal tweets
- @copyblogger for top notch copywriting insights (and good taste in music)
- @zappos or @jasoncalacanis to see how CEO Tony Hsieh and Jason Calacanis turn Twitter into a lifestream that promotes both themselves and their companies
- @skydiver for breaking news PR opportunities from the always on the move Peter Shankman
- @alexkaris shares a positive attitude of gratitude
- @therichbrooks shares web design commentary and practical business tips, too
- @missyward an affiliate marketing ace disguised as a funny writer
- @garyvee if you want an authentic guy who loves wine (and NY Jets updates!)
- @ifroggy to learn about managing online communities (and Bad Boy records news)
- @editorjacquie for aspiring authors and publishing advice
- @wbw_Jeff for daily summaries of social media blogging news
- @mikecj for social media tips from the beautiful Canary Islands
- @lewishowes for tips on using LinkedIn for business
- @mrexcel to become an Excel blackbelt
- @comcastcares if you’re having trouble with your cable service
- @delloutlet if you want deals on PCs
- And many, many, many more.
Trying picking a few of these folks that YOU like and see who they are following. Click on some of their followers to find the niche follower communities that match your interests. Then jump in and follow some of those folks yourself. Get acquainted and build relationships as much as you want and however is appropriate for your brand (not how someone else tells you that you’re “supposed to”).
Want More Cool People to Follow You?
Please add your own Twitter handle below in the Comments (like @scott_fox). And, if you’d like, please add one for a friend you recommend that others follow, too. Please also include a sentence or two about WHY you rec that person – we’re not auto-following here!
Together we can create a mini-directory of people who “get” this updated approach to business use of Twitter.
[UPDATE: This is the third post in my recent Twitter series. Check out Part One (which was a huge viral story!) here: "4 Annoying Twitter Myths." Part Two of the series is here: “Twitter Gurus Please Stop Whining!”
You can also see how the first post went VIRAL in my follow-up post: "Twitter Success Report: How much Traffic Did I Really Get?" here. Learn details of how dozens of retweets, 86 Digg votes, and thousands of visitors added up to record traffic for this post!]
Twitter bird icons courtesy of Mirjami Manninen.